Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Farm Burger

410b W. Ponce de Leon
Decatur, GA 30030

I didn't think there would ever be a burger joint that wasn't for me, but I've found it in Decatur's Farm Burger. I'm a fan of 100% grass-fed, local beef, unless the taste of it is purposely masked with crap and over-cooking.

I had a Burger Banh Mi, beef with salami, pate, mayo, and the traditional banh mi pickled vegetables. Friends Traci and Russell both built their own burgers, and we shared fries and onion rings. Out of everything, only the onion rings were a stand out.

The menu is pretty cheap, and they do have beer and wine, although the selection is pretty poor. I love Miller High Life, but in a can? That's a little to self-consciously hip for me.

The space is nice, and certainly popular. Unfortunately, it was filled with the kind of Decatur crowd that I don't care for: soccer moms and hippies gone to seed.

The staff was lovely and sweet. They get my highest marks out of the experience. Overall, I give Farm Burger a bog "Whatevs". Go to the Earl instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment